Accounting & Budget Services
We support the mission of the University of Puget Sound by striving to provide excellent financial services to all members of the university community.
Our actions reflect our values and enable us to consistently provide accurate, efficient, and timely financial services, in a courteous manner, to all of our constituents.
Overview of Services
Accounting & Budget Services provides payment processing (accounts payable and payroll), accounting, budgeting, tax, analytical, and financial reporting services to the campus community. The services we provide include:
- We maintain the university's accounting and budgeting systems and coordinate the posting of all accounting and budget entries, including those generated by other departments, such as recharges.
- With the help of Technology Services (TS), we bring budget information to budget managers via the Budget Administration Web application.
- We provide budget managers with detail budget worksheets and, with the help of TS, load the returned worksheets into the Banner Finance system.
- We provide information, including accounting and budgeting assistance, to faculty and students with Puget Sound and externally funded research and enrichment grants.
- We account for donor gifts and the university's endowment fund in support of the Office of University Relations' fundraising and stewardship efforts.
- We coordinate the university's annual independent audit and prepare a variety of published financial reports.
- We prepare and file federal, state, and local tax returns for the university, issue tax forms to individuals, and advise the campus on tax mitigation and compliance.
We want you to return to this Web site. Please submit any comments or suggestions you may have on how we can continue to build and improve upon our Web site to better serve your needs. Send your suggestions to Janet Hallman.