We will increase the recruitment and retention of students, staff, and faculty from underrepresented minority groups.
- Improve the campus' structural diversity by increasing the number of faculty, staff, and students from underrepresented minority groups.
- Improve the quality of experiences for underrepresented minority groups of students, staff, and faculty.
- Promote the success and retention of underrepresented minority individuals.
We will create a campus environment that fully welcomes and supports social diversity.
- Enhance professional development training and cocurricular programs that engage campus community members in the challenges and rewards of valuing diversity and multiculturalism.
- Support continued development of curriculum and scholarship that address issues of social diversity, pedagogy, and multiculturalism.
- Address the gains, opportunities, and challenges of becoming a more diverse campus.
We will improve working and business relationships with race/ethnic and other diverse communities in the Puget Sound region.
- Build additional mutually beneficial relationships with race/ethnic and other diverse communities in the Puget Sound region.
- Develop supplier and business relationships with the various minority communities.
We will be accountable for implementing the diversity strategic plan and working toward achieving diversity goals.
- Regularly assess campus climate for diversity to assist with diversity strategic planning and its implementation.
- Create an institutional structure to provide oversight and support for diversity strategic plan implementation.
- Implement a strategic communication plan around diversity issues in order to make visible our strengths and bring diversity concerns into the dominant discourse of the campus.
- Conduct an asset mapping of current personnel, budgets lines, and resources dedicated to diversity work.