1920s

1920
Land of "huckleberry bushes and marshy ravines" at 15th Avenue North and Warner Street selected as site of new campus.

College reaches $500,000 challenge goal by May 6.

1921
First matriculation ceremony.

Conference raises second $500,000 by April 14.

Yearbook revived and renamed Tamanawas.

1922
Pi Kappa Delta National Forensics Honorary chartered.

1923
Groundbreaking for C.H. Jones Hall, first building on the new campus (May 22).

1924
College community makes "pilgrimage" to new campus in August.

Jones Hall and gymnasium (Warner) completed.

Work on science hall begins.

1927
Science building, later named for Leonard Howarth, is completed.

1929
Puget Sound Conference merges with Columbia River Conference to form Pacific Northwest Conference.