1900s

1903
Professor C. O. Boyer serves as acting president.

The football team goes undefeated in third season. Basketball and baseball teams are also formed.

Institution reincorporated as University of Puget Sound (May 6). Board elects Edwin M. Randall Jr. president. He serves for one year.

Reorganized school includes: College of Liberal Arts, Academy (prep school), Commercial School, Schools of Music, Art, and Oratory.

Alumni Association donates property at Sixth Avenue and Sprague Street for new campus.

Student newspaper Ye Recorde replaced by The Maroon.

Women's College League formed.

1904
Board elects Reverend Joseph E. Williams president. Edward H. Todd employed as general secretary to raise funds.

Financial reports shows that 75 percent of the annual income of $12,270 came from collections from Methodist churches.

1907
Williams resigns. Professor L. L. Benbow named acting president for one year.

1908
Board elects Reverend Dr. Julius C. Zeller president. Todd resigns having raised $75,000.

Hatchet tradition begins.

1909
E. L. Blaine elected board